Gang kidnaps last cop in Mexican border town
Every other cop in the dangerous border village of Guadalupe was either killed or quit the force
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico — The only police officer in the village of Guadalupe had still not surfaced Monday, four days after being abducted by gunmen who stormed into her home.
Erika Gándara, 28, was the Mexican border village's entire police force, taking a job no one else wanted in the farming communities in the violent Valley of Juárez.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gang kidnaps last cop in Mexican border town
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house