Mexican teen dies in fall from border fence
The teen fell from a border fence while throwing rocks at Border Agents, but his companions say a a cop shot him
NOGALES, Ariz. — A Mexican teenager who threw rocks at Border Patrol agents in the Arizona city of Nogales is dead, but his manner of death is now in dispute.
A Mexican official says 17-year-old Ramses Barron Torres died early Wednesday after he fell from a border fence and hit his head on a rock.
But state police in Sonora, across the border from Arizona, say companions of the teen claim he was shot by a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
Calls to Border Patrol officials weren't immediately returned Wednesday night. A spokesman for the FBI has declined to release details of the investigation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help