Mexican teen dies in fall from border fence
The teen fell from a border fence while throwing rocks at Border Agents, but his companions say a a cop shot him
NOGALES, Ariz. — A Mexican teenager who threw rocks at Border Patrol agents in the Arizona city of Nogales is dead, but his manner of death is now in dispute.
A Mexican official says 17-year-old Ramses Barron Torres died early Wednesday after he fell from a border fence and hit his head on a rock.
But state police in Sonora, across the border from Arizona, say companions of the teen claim he was shot by a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
Calls to Border Patrol officials weren't immediately returned Wednesday night. A spokesman for the FBI has declined to release details of the investigation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house