Viral video: Girls scale border fence in 18 seconds
The video questions the value of the border fence
By PoliceOne Staff
Two young women took less than 18 seconds to scale a section of border fence in a video posted online last month.
The video starts with the quote, "On average, one mile of border fence costs U.S. taxpayers $4 million," then asks "is it worth the expense?"
A pair of women — who have allegedly never attempted to climb the fence before — are then seen "racing" to the top as a timer counts the seconds.
The end of the video says, "there are more creative and effective ways to manage undocumented immigration."
Bob Price of U.S. Border Watch told KRIV the video is misleading, since that section of border fence was originally intended to have a double-layer of secure fences, but lost funding.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help