Man plows through immigration checkpoint, shoots at Border Patrol agents
Agents returned fire and shot the suspect
By PoliceOne Staff
TUCSON, Ariz. — A man who drove into barriers at an immigration checkpoint and opened fire was shot by Border Patrol agents.
According to the Border Patrol’s Twitter, the checkpoint was closed Wednesday due to adverse wind conditions.
A man drove into the checkpoint and collided with the barriers, the Arizona Republic reported. The man then opened fire on officers. He was wounded when agents returned fire. No officers were injured, the Arizona Daily Star reported.
Officers gave the man immediate medical attention until he was flown to a local hospital, the publication reported. His condition is unknown.
An investigation is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend