2 border patrol agents struck by train, killed
They were positioning their vehicle while tracking illegal immigrants when they were struck by a 90-car freight train
Duty Death: Hector R. Clark, Eduardo Rojas, Jr. - [United States Border Patrol, Arizona]
By PoliceOne Staff
GILA BEND, Ariz. — Border Patrol Agent Hector Clark and Border Patrol Agent Eduardo Rojas were killed when their vehicle was struck by a train near Gila Bend, Arizona.
The agents were assisting other agents track a group of illegal immigrants and were attempting to position their vehicle north of the group when it was struck by a 90-car freight train at the Paloma Road crossing.
The vehicle was dragged a quarter mile by the train.
Agent Clark had served with the United States Border Patrol for 10 years. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Read more on ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert