Napolitano reacts to Border agents' train deaths
Office of the Press Secretary
WASHINGTON, DC — "It is with great sadness that I learned this morning that U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agents Eduardo Rojas, Jr., and Hector Clark were killed earlier today in an accident near Gila Bend, Ariz. The agents were based out of CBP's Yuma Sector and were on duty at the time of the accident. We are working closely with the Arizona Department of Public Safety and other agencies to determine the cause of the accident.
The entire DHS family expresses our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of these agents. We also keep in our thoughts and prayers all of those who put their lives at risk every day, at home and abroad, to defend our country. We honor their service and pray for their continued safety."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Napolitano reacts to Border agents' train deaths
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform