Mexican Zeta leader taken into custody
Jesus Enrique Rejon Aguilar, one of Mexico's most wanted, allegedly killed an ICE agent
By Jerry Seper
The Washington Times
MEXICO CITY — Mexican law enforcement arrested a co-founder of the Los Zetas drug cartel in the brutal highway-ambush killing of an unarmed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent in February, Mexico's Public Security Ministry announced Monday.
Jesus Enrique Rejon Aguilar, 35, described as "one of the founders of the Zetas criminal organization" and the gang's third most powerful leader, was taken into custody Sunday in the Mexico City suburb of Atizapan, "without firing a shot."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mexican Zeta leader taken into custody
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy