Border town head cop: Mexican police tried to kill me
Juarez chief of police says Mexican federal cops shot at his vehicle several times
By Marisela Ortega Lozano
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Juárez chief of police, Julián Leyzaola, has filed a formal complaint against several Mexican federal police officers accusing them of attempted murder because they reportedly shot at his vehicle several times Monday night.
The alleged shooting took place late Monday night outside the Cereso prison in Juárez. The shooting reportedly occurred while inmates were fighting inside the prison. Leyzaola was unharmed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help