More cops, border wall deter immigrants in Texas
While the amount of undocumented immigrants in general is declining, one group is increasing: juveniles
By Carina Bergfeldt
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — The 23-year-old man standing in front of agents at the Federal Detention Center is visibly upset.
His eyes are searching the building. He is taking a good look at everyone in the room. He has short, dark hair and is wearing jeans and a white T-shirt with a few smudges on it. Signals that he has been running -- and been caught.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: More cops, border wall deter immigrants in Texas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police