Vt. trooper in video correct to detain immigrants
Detaining two farm workers as suspected illegal immigrants was without bias, a group found
MONTPELIER, Vt. — An advisory group has found that a Vermont state trooper acted properly and without bias when he made a traffic stop and questioned and detained two farm workers as suspected illegal immigrants.
The Sept. 13 stop in Middlesex and a subsequent protest prompted Gov. Peter Shumlin to ask whether Vermont State Police followed "bias-free" policing policies in the stop.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house