Sheriff: Man killed by border agent drove at him
The vehicle was suspected of smuggling illegal immigrants
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The U.S. Border Patrol says an agent shot and killed someone during a traffic stop in South Texas.
Border Patrol spokesman Henry Mendiola said Thursday the shooting near Corpus Christi involved a vehicle that was suspected of smuggling illegal immigrants.
San Patricio Sheriff Leroy Moody told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times that the agent shot the driver of the sport utility vehicle after the driver apparently tried to run the agent over. Moody says four or five suspected illegal immigrants were found in the vehicle.
No one but the driver was injured or killed.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house