Ohio LE targets worst immigration offenders
Arrests related to illegal immigrants on the rise in state; enforcement targeting fugitives, repeat offenders
By Cornelius Frolik
Dayton Daily News
OHIO — Illegal immigration is the fastest-growing federal arrest offense in Ohio, and convictions for immigration-related crimes in the state also have been rising, according to a Dayton Daily News analysis of federal data.
Federal law enforcement officials said they have focused on prosecuting repeat immigration violators, criminal noncitizens and people who pose a threat to public safety.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio LE targets worst immigration offenders
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms