Texas officers pursue escaped bull
A bull led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal
WACO, Texas — A bull apparently in no mood for vaccinations led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports that the bull was being vaccinated at a veterinary clinic in Waco when it broke out of its corral Tuesday.
Officers say a man spotted the animal running down the street and gave chase, wielding a whip and lasso from a pickup truck with three or four police cars behind him.
Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says the bull ran into a fenced yard after about 45 minutes. Two animal control cowboys were able to lasso it into a trailer.
Swanton says police were mostly concerned about the bull injuring pedestrians or interrupting traffic. No one was injured.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman