Thousands expected at funeral for 2 CHP officers killed in crash
Officers Brian Law and Juan Gonzalez, partners and close friends, were killed in a patrol car crash
By Diana Marcum
Los Angeles Times
FRESNO — Thousands of people are expected at a Fresno memorial service Monday morning for two California Highway Patrol officers who died while responding to a crash.
Officers Brian Law and Juan Gonzalez, partners and close friends, were killed in a patrol car crash as they rushed to a multi-vehicle accident on Highway 99 in Kingsburg on Feb. 17.
Gov. Jerry Brown and Atty. Gen. Kamala D. Harris were expected to attend the shared ceremony, which begins at 10 a.m. at the Save Mart Center at Fresno State. After the service, a motorcade of at least 100 vehicles will escort Law's body to Clovis, then to Tulare where Gonzalez will be buried.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman