5 arrested in Detroit police chief death threat search
The person suspected of making the threat via Instagram is still being sought
By Gina Damron
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT — Police Chief James Craig said arrests have been made following a death threat made against him.
Craig said five people were arrested Monday on unrelated charges. He said police are investigating anyone who may have a connection to the threat.
An FBI spokesman confirmed Monday that the agency is also investigating the case. Craig said police "are still searching for the specific threat attached to an Instagram message."
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department