5 arrested in Detroit police chief death threat search
The person suspected of making the threat via Instagram is still being sought
By Gina Damron
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT — Police Chief James Craig said arrests have been made following a death threat made against him.
Craig said five people were arrested Monday on unrelated charges. He said police are investigating anyone who may have a connection to the threat.
An FBI spokesman confirmed Monday that the agency is also investigating the case. Craig said police "are still searching for the specific threat attached to an Instagram message."
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper