Mayor names Superintendent Davis as chief of Boston police
By Christopher Scott, Sun Staff
Copyright 2006 MediaNews Group, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
LOWELL- Police Superintendent Edward Davis, who narrowly missed being named Boston's top cop in February 2004, met late yesterday with Mayor Thomas Menino in his home, and when the meeting concluded, Davis emerged as Boston's new police commissioner.
Davis, who turned 50 in July, will work his first day in the Hub on Dec. 4.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman