New Boston commissioner says community policing, gun violence top priorities
By Suzanne Smalley, Staff Writer
The Boston Globe
By the way, if you want to drop a photo right in the article, put in a frame or table:
Newly inducted Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis, right, is given the oath of office by Federal Judge Mark Wolf during Monday ceremonies, in Boston. (AP Photo)
Davis said the fatal shooting last week of a former gang leader who was deeply involved in preserving a four-month truce with a rival gang especially concerns him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help