Spokane, Wa. chief invokes rarely used rule to back officer
By Jody Lawrence-Turner
Spokane Spokesman Review
Chief Anne Kirkpatrick said she ordered Sgt. Dan Torok to issue a statement about his actions; if he had refused, he could have been fired, she said. The contents of the statement, however, can't be used against the officer in a criminal investigation.
"There's nothing from the independent investigation … that makes me feel the officer did anything but what he had to," Kirkpatrick said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform