Campus Police Chief: Calm chief leads Va. Tech in storm
By Greg Edwards
Flinchum, a veteran police officer, has a reputation for fairness, cool composure
Flinchum, now in his mid-40s, joined the Tech force as a student in 1983 and quit school to become a full-time officer two years later.
His fellow law-enforcement professionals have good things to say about the quiet, low-key Flinchum, who this week is carrying the weight of two Monday shootings in which 32 people were killed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police