Campus Police Chief: Calm chief leads Va. Tech in storm
By Greg Edwards
Flinchum, a veteran police officer, has a reputation for fairness, cool composure
Flinchum, now in his mid-40s, joined the Tech force as a student in 1983 and quit school to become a full-time officer two years later.
His fellow law-enforcement professionals have good things to say about the quiet, low-key Flinchum, who this week is carrying the weight of two Monday shootings in which 32 people were killed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- School Violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend