Fla. chief moves cops from desk job to street patrol
By Jim Leusner
ORLANDO, Fla. — Orlando's police chief is taking cops out of the office and putting them on the streets to help fight crime in 25 "hot zones" across the city.
"Operation All Hands On Deck," as the campaign is called, started Sunday. McCoy unveiled it a week after the FBI reported statistics showing that violent crime in Orlando was up 13 percent last year, 10 times the national figure.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Community Policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house