Mo. police chief injured in crash with bus
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
WELLSTON, Mo. — Police Chief Robert Cossia was badly hurt and one of his officers
injured when their unmarked car collided with a Metro bus Tuesday evening.
police car, which was headed east on Martin Luther King Boulevard in Wellston.
Sgt. Ryan Burkhardt of the Missouri Highway Patrol said Cossia sustained
serious head injuries when the bus crashed into the driver's side of the car he
was driving. He and the other officer were taken to Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. police chief injured in crash with bus
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic