Calif. sheriff resigns abruptly to take state position
By Maeve Reston
The Los Angeles Times
RIVERSIDE — Riverside County Sheriff Bob Doyle announced his abrupt resignation Wednesday to accept a gubernatorial appointment to the state parole board, county officials said.
Board of Supervisors Chairman John F. Tavaglione said Doyle called him about noon to alert him that the governor's office called that morning and he expected the appointment to be announced soon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house