Calif. sheriff resigns abruptly to take state position
By Maeve Reston
The Los Angeles Times
RIVERSIDE — Riverside County Sheriff Bob Doyle announced his abrupt resignation Wednesday to accept a gubernatorial appointment to the state parole board, county officials said.
Board of Supervisors Chairman John F. Tavaglione said Doyle called him about noon to alert him that the governor's office called that morning and he expected the appointment to be announced soon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help