San Francisco commissioner slams police panel
Susan Sward, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
San Francisco's leaders are failing to push for reforms of the city's Police Department at a time when the homicide rate is rising, department staff size is falling and officer morale is nearing an all-time low, a key member of the police commission says.
Commission Vice President Theresa Sparks, named to her post two years ago by the Board of Supervisors, made her remarks at the Wednesday night police commission meeting while explaining why she would not support the re-election of Louise Renne for another year as panel president.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: San Francisco commissioner slams police panel
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy