Texas sheriff worries about 'gypsy cops'
By Richard Abshire
The Dallas Morning News
KAUFMAN COUNTY — Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes has charged four employees with crimes in his seven years in office, and three of the cases occurred within the last year.
The sheriff, a former Texas Rangers captain, said the three cases are unrelated and an anomaly, not a trend. They are also proof, he said, that he doesn't sweep scandals under the rug.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas sheriff worries about 'gypsy cops'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house