Texas sheriff worries about 'gypsy cops'
By Richard Abshire
The Dallas Morning News
KAUFMAN COUNTY — Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes has charged four employees with crimes in his seven years in office, and three of the cases occurred within the last year.
The sheriff, a former Texas Rangers captain, said the three cases are unrelated and an anomaly, not a trend. They are also proof, he said, that he doesn't sweep scandals under the rug.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas sheriff worries about 'gypsy cops'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help