Chiefs, mayors order local cops: Leave catching illegal immigrants to the feds
Copyright 2006 Gannett Company, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
CHICAGO- Despite a federal effort to enlist help from local police to catch illegal immigrants, some of the USA's biggest cities are declining to enforce immigration laws.
Police chiefs, mayors and city councils are ordering local cops not to get involved as federal agents crack down on people in the country illegally.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police