Potential threat to Md. chief prompts security measures
The Associated Press
UPPER MARLBORO, Md.- There has been a threat against Prince George's County Police Chief Melvin High, and the police force is stepping up security.
Acting Police Chief Roberto Hylton says they are working to locate the man for questioning. He says they take any threat to the chief and his family seriously, as with all threats to officers.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms