Chicago's top cop shakes up leadership
By Frank Main and Fran Spielman
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — New police commanders have been installed in most of Chicago’s 25 police districts in one of the biggest department shake-ups in recent memory, sources said Thursday.
Supt. Jody Weis — who was hired away from the FBI last year at more than $300,000 a year to reform the scandal-bruised department — appointed new commanders in 22 of the city’s 25 districts, sources said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago's top cop shakes up leadership
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house