Podcast Quick Clip: Is paying criminals the answer to crime prevention?
Jim and Doug examine how the program came to be, and issue a call to action for podcast listeners
In what can be charitably called an innovative approach, police in Richmond (Calif.) and other places across the country are paying monthly stipends to known criminals in return for the promise that they not commit crimes. Jim and Doug examine how the program came to be, and issue a call to action for podcast listeners: email us with innovative ideas you know to be working in your agency to prevent criminal activity.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform