Podcast Quick Clip: Is paying criminals the answer to crime prevention?
Jim and Doug examine how the program came to be, and issue a call to action for podcast listeners
In what can be charitably called an innovative approach, police in Richmond (Calif.) and other places across the country are paying monthly stipends to known criminals in return for the promise that they not commit crimes. Jim and Doug examine how the program came to be, and issue a call to action for podcast listeners: email us with innovative ideas you know to be working in your agency to prevent criminal activity.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend