N.Y. plans to confirm superintendent
ALBANY, N.Y. — The state Senate is expected to confirm Governor David Paterson's nominee for superintendent of the New York State Police this week.
Col. Harry Corbitt would replace acting superintendent Preston Felton who announced in March that he was retiring.
Felton's resignation came shortly after Paterson became governor, when Eliot Spitzer quit amid accusations he patronized a prostitution ring.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. plans to confirm superintendent
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help