TV show helps Pa. sheriff smoke out criminals
By Moriah Balingit
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. — A local cable TV program is turning couch potatoes into crime stoppers.
In April, tips from viewers of "Fugitive Files On Demand," a program that allows Comcast digital cable subscribers to view photos and profiles of the Allegheny County sheriff's 10 most wanted fugitives, have helped the sheriff's office nab four fugitives featured on the program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: TV show helps Pa. sheriff smoke out criminals
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms