Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
By Andrew Maykuth
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey announced a shake-up of the department's command – doubling the number of deputy commissioners to eight - as he began to unveil his crime-fighting initiative to put more patrol officers on the streets as the weather warms.
Less than four months into the job, Ramsey reconfigured the 6,600-member department into two main operating groups that will be headed by current deputy commissioners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman