Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
By Andrew Maykuth
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey announced a shake-up of the department's command – doubling the number of deputy commissioners to eight - as he began to unveil his crime-fighting initiative to put more patrol officers on the streets as the weather warms.
Less than four months into the job, Ramsey reconfigured the 6,600-member department into two main operating groups that will be headed by current deputy commissioners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform