Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
By Andrew Maykuth
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey announced a shake-up of the department's command – doubling the number of deputy commissioners to eight - as he began to unveil his crime-fighting initiative to put more patrol officers on the streets as the weather warms.
Less than four months into the job, Ramsey reconfigured the 6,600-member department into two main operating groups that will be headed by current deputy commissioners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Commissioner shakes up Philadelphia PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help