Fla. sheriff settles lawsuit with deputy
By David Sommer
The Tampa Tribune
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A sheriff's deputy whose workers' compensation claim was denied by a judge who questioned his veracity won reinstatement to the Pasco payroll Wednesday.
Sheriff Bob White settled a lawsuit filed Tuesday on behalf of Steven Sickles in which the deputy accused the sheriff of effectively firing him by placing him on unpaid suspension two days after the judge issued her ruling.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. sheriff settles lawsuit with deputy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman