Ill. police chief pulls together new agency in 2 months
By Lisa Black
The Chicago Tribune
HAINESVILLE, Ill. — Police Chief Ronald Roth started his job in February with only a desk, a box of paper clips and his title.
With no staff, no equipment, no uniform or badge, he promised to provide 24-hour police service to tiny Hainesville within three months.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Job Listings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman