Tenn. sheriff probes possible policy violation
By Jacqueline Koch
The Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department is investigating whether a deputy looked up information not authorized by the department -- a violation of its policy -- for independent sheriff's candidate Tim Akins, officials said.
Officials familiar with sheriff's department operations said Deputy Ann Dillard, a booking officer at the county jail, was asked by Mr. Akins, a former staff sergeant in the sheriff's department who oversaw booking in the jail, to use a federal database to pull up information not related to departmental work.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. sheriff probes possible policy violation
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic