Tenn. sheriff probes possible policy violation
By Jacqueline Koch
The Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department is investigating whether a deputy looked up information not authorized by the department -- a violation of its policy -- for independent sheriff's candidate Tim Akins, officials said.
Officials familiar with sheriff's department operations said Deputy Ann Dillard, a booking officer at the county jail, was asked by Mr. Akins, a former staff sergeant in the sheriff's department who oversaw booking in the jail, to use a federal database to pull up information not related to departmental work.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. sheriff probes possible policy violation
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds