Okla. council picks fields as possible site for new safety center
By Diana Baldwin
EDMOND, Okla. — Two sports fields with fences falling down and sparse seating could be the site chosen for Edmond's new public safety center.
The Barnett fields, on the northwest corner of Kelly Avenue and Main Street, is where city council members have decided the new police headquarters, 911 communication center and emergency management operations should be built.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help