Incoming Detroit police chief says he's up to task
Esteemed former Detroit cop emphasizes teamwork, safety
Ken Cockrel Jr. (right) who becomes mayor today, introduces James Barren (left) as the new chief of police in Detroit. (AP Photo)
Detroit police chief retires after mayor's plea
By Ben Schmitt, Bill McGraw and Zachary Gorchow
The Detroit Free Press
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman