Sacramento PD makes drastic budget cuts
By Ryan Lillis
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento Police Department is severely cutting back service as a last resort to avoid laying off cops.
Police Chief Rick Braziel said Friday the cutbacks are necessary because of historic budget shortfalls and that the only way to slash more money "is to take people off the payroll."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Sacramento PD makes drastic budget cuts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court