Sacramento PD makes drastic budget cuts
By Ryan Lillis
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento Police Department is severely cutting back service as a last resort to avoid laying off cops.
Police Chief Rick Braziel said Friday the cutbacks are necessary because of historic budget shortfalls and that the only way to slash more money "is to take people off the payroll."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Sacramento PD makes drastic budget cuts
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman