Tenn. PD teams with Army Reserve to recruit
By Jim Balloch
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Hoping to draw on one another's expertise and training, the Knoxville Police Department and the U.S. Army Reserve have entered into a joint recruitment program of sorts.
It is the first deal of its kind in Tennessee between the Army Reserve and a law enforcement agency, officials say. The papers were signed Wednesday at the City County Building.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. PD teams with Army Reserve to recruit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms