Evictions straining Ohio deputies, residents
By Mary Beth Lane
COLUMBUS, Ohio — No one likes to enforce an eviction, especially near Christmas and in the winter cold and during a brutal recession.
But some central Ohio sheriffs won't endorse what Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones plans to do. The sheriff in the southwestern Ohio county said he will tell his deputies not to evict people who have no place to go.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Evictions straining Ohio deputies, residents
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops