Mich. sheriff's deputy hit man while driving transport van, kept going
By Gabrielle Russon
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy struck a man on the side of a highway and kept going while driving a van transporting inmates in August, according to a report released this week.
The deputy, John Charon, was not charged with a crime because he did not know he had hit someone, said Calhoun County Prosecutor John Hallacy, who reviewed the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests