Mich. sheriff's deputy hit man while driving transport van, kept going
By Gabrielle Russon
KALAMAZOO, Mich. — A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy struck a man on the side of a highway and kept going while driving a van transporting inmates in August, according to a report released this week.
The deputy, John Charon, was not charged with a crime because he did not know he had hit someone, said Calhoun County Prosecutor John Hallacy, who reviewed the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic