Oakland police chief to resign
Oakland Police Chief Wayne Tucker speaks during a news conference in Oakland, Calif. regarding former transit officer, Johannes Mehserle, 27, who has been charged with murder in the shooting death of an unarmed man, 22-year-old Oscar Grant. (AP Photo)
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — Oakland Police Chief Wayne Tucker, whose department has been rocked by a series of scandals and embarrassments in recent months, said today that he will resign next month and blasted the City Council for giving "lip service" to a desire for tackling the city's problems.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oakland police chief to resign
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman