Police accountability expert discusses Dallas incident
By Samuel Walker and Nicole Stockdale
Dallas Morning News
Texas NFL player accepts officer's apology
Cop who stopped NFL player in hospital lot resigns
Dallas police delayed NFL player as relative died
Dallas dash cam video evidence works two ways
BLUtube.com video of the Dallas incident
DALLAS — Dallas police Officer Robert Powell made national headlines after his traffic stop of NFL player Ryan Moats outside a hospital where his mother-in-law was dying. Powell resigned Wednesday, but the story isn't over in Dallas, where the Police Department's internal investigation continues and public outrage refuses to quell.
To help put the incident into perspective, Points editor Nicole Stockdale conducted a Q&A with Sam Walker, a nationally recognized police accountability expert. Here is an excerpt of their e-mail conversation:
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds