St. Louis police chief calls for new HQ
By Jeremy Kohler
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Police Chief Dan Isom believes police headquarters needs repairs that would require the department to spend at least tens of millions of dollars on renovating, rebuilding, or relocating, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
An engineering firm told the department it would cost $15 million just for the highest-priority fixes to the 81-year-old gray-stone fortress at 1200 Clark Avenue, said the spokeswoman, Erica Van Ross.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Louis police chief calls for new HQ
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help