St. Louis police chief calls for new HQ
By Jeremy Kohler
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Police Chief Dan Isom believes police headquarters needs repairs that would require the department to spend at least tens of millions of dollars on renovating, rebuilding, or relocating, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
An engineering firm told the department it would cost $15 million just for the highest-priority fixes to the 81-year-old gray-stone fortress at 1200 Clark Avenue, said the spokeswoman, Erica Van Ross.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Louis police chief calls for new HQ
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds