Ariz. sheriff's new blog takes aim at media
By Donna Rossi
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has launched a new blog on his department's Web site. It is called "The Truth Behind the Headlines," and it takes aim at media coverage Arpaio believes is inaccurate and incomplete.
So far, the posts have been in direct response to newspaper articles about the sheriff and his office, all of which he said are skewed against him. The sheriff is also using the blog to respond to editorials printed in the paper.
"We just want an avenue to respond. I don't serve any governor or politician. I serve the people and I want to get to the people some way to let them know don't believe everything you read in the papers, or even sometimes on television," said Arpaio.
The sheriff says many times people write editorials and use information that they've read or heard as fact, which misrepresents his office. "I just want to make sure, especially on editorials that are so far out and wrong, I want to make sure the public knows the truth," said the sheriff.
Read full story: Sheriff's new blog takes aim at media
Read the blog: The Truth Behind the Headlines
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house