Detroit man gets shot after pulling gun on top cop
By Amber Hunt
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT, Mich. — A 27-year-old man who drew a gun as he ran from Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans and two police officers was shot and injured Wednesday night on the city’s north side.
The man is hospitalized in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his side, said Deputy Chief James Tolbert.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic