Detroit man gets shot after pulling gun on top cop
By Amber Hunt
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT, Mich. — A 27-year-old man who drew a gun as he ran from Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans and two police officers was shot and injured Wednesday night on the city’s north side.
The man is hospitalized in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his side, said Deputy Chief James Tolbert.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds