Maine county may ask police leaders to use own cars
By Diana Bowley
Bangor Daily News
PISCATAQUIS COUNTY, Maine — As the Piscataquis County commissioners ponder the economy and the possibility it may be no better in future years, they are weighing whether to ask the sheriff and chief deputy to use their own cars in 2011 rather than county-issued vehicles.
Commissioner Tom Lizotte said Tuesday that a budget advisory committee member had told the commissioners that the state had eliminated issuing vehicles to administrators at the Charleston Correctional Facility and wondered whether that could be done at the county level.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house