Four Pa. officers resign amid federal charges
The Associated Press
SHENANDOAH, Pa. — Four northeastern Pennsylvania police officers who were arrested earlier this month on federal charges have resigned from their jobs.
The Shenandoah Borough Police Department has only three officers after the resignations of Chief Matthew Nestor, Capt. Jamie Gennarini, Officer Jason Hayes and Lt. William Moyer were accepted Tuesday night. State police are helping patrol the town.
The four were arrested Dec. 15.
Nestor, Moyer and Hayes are accused of orchestrating a cover-up in a Mexican immigrant's beating death by altering evidence or lying to the FBI in a case against two white high school football players. Nestor and Gennarini are charged with extortion and civil rights violations in a separate case.
Messages left late Tuesday seeking comment from defense lawyers were not immediately returned.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help