Atlanta mayor shaking up police department structure
Experienced officers are promoted for higher morale, better crime-fighting
ATLANTA — In his first full day on the job, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed unveiled a reorganization of the police department's command staff and announced other plans, including one to hire an economic development czar.
Acting Police Chief George Turner promoted several longtime leaders to new positions to boost morale among officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman