Va. sheriff's daughter could be his downfall
At center of grand jury probe is a tantrum-throwing teen deputies nicknamed "Hurricane Ashley"
By Amanda Codispoti
The Roanoke Times (The Virginian-Pilot Edition)
Ashley Hunt lingered at the edge of the crime scene, not far from the body of a burglar who dropped face-down in the road from a homeowner's bullet in his neck .
She was 13 and arrived at the homicide with her father, Ewell Hunt, then a lieutenant at the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. sheriff's daughter could be his downfall
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court